We’re Here for You
COMPLAINTS RESOLUTION POLICY: ADMIN FOCUS UNDERWRITING MANAGERS
Customer gratification is an integral part of the Admin Focus culture, and we appreciate our clients bringing their concerns to our attention. By doing so will not only allow us to eradicate defective service delivery, but most importantly to enhance service excellence that we at Admin Focus aspire to bring to you as a valued patron.
WHAT ARE THE OBLIGATIONS OF ADMIN FOCUS ?
• All complaints should be submitted in writing;
• Record of such complaints should be maintained for a period of 5 years
• Address complaints from clients in a timely and fair manner;
• Take steps to investigate and respond promptly to complaints;
• Should complaints not be resolved to the satisfaction of the client, to inform the client of his/her rights of appeal in accordance to the law.
HOW TO ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS WITH ADMIN FOCUS ?
If we have dissatisfied you in any manner we need to hear about this:
• As all our complaints should be submitted in writing, where possible, we kindly request that you email it to us at email@example.com
• Kindly ensure that all supporting documents are attached to your complaint to enable us to attend to your concerns timeously.
WHAT WILL ADMIN FOCUS DO WITH THE FEEDBACK THAT YOU PROVIDED US WITH ?
We will acknowledge receipt of your concerns in writing;
• In the event of Admin Focus experiencing internet problems, we kindly request that if you have not received acknowledgement, within 24 hours, that you, confirm that we received the complaint, that you kindly contact us on 011362 0099 and request to speak to our complaints department to advise us accordingly.
• Your feedback will be directed to a competent team that has been trained to facilitate and resolve complaints promptly;
• A dedicated Admin Focus staff member will keep you up to date with regards to the progress of your complaint on regular basis, at least every 14 working days – you may also liaise with the relevant staff member should you wish to enquire about status of your complaint.
• All complaints will be investigated and resolved in a fair and professional manner and feedback to be provided to you within 21 working days of the date of receipt of your initial complaint – provided that we receive all information required and/or an investigation has been completed.
• We will, in cases where further communication, assessment or investigation is required, agree with the complainant in a reasonable time frame not exceeding an additional 30 working days.
• Where we resolved your complaint in your favour, we will ensure that a full and appropriate level of redress is offered to you without delay.
SHOULD YOU NOT BE SATISFIED WITH OUR DECISION ?
When the complainant is notified of the outcome of the complaint, the complainant has the right to have such a decision reviewed by another employee at Admin Focus that holds the appropriate knowledge, expertise, experience and authority to deal with the appeal process.
If a complainant wishes to have a decision regarding a complaint reviewed:
• Admin Focus will treat it as a Dispute;
• We will notify the complainant of the Name and Contact details of the person assigned to liaise with the complainant in relation to the dispute;
• When a decision has been made, Admin Focus will respond to the complainant in writing giving:
- Reasons for the decision;
- Information about how to access external resolution or policyholder resource mechanisms, and the time frame in which to do so.
YOUR RIGHTS SHOULD YOU BE DISSATISFIED WITH THE OUTCOME OF OUR DISPUTE RESOLUTION ?
Should you not be entirely satisfied with the outcome of our dispute resolution, and feedback is provided that is not in your favour:
• You may re-direct your complaint and all supporting documents to the following parties, in writing, within a 6 months period of receipt of such feedback from Admin Focus:
- The Short Term Insurance Ombudsman
The Ombudsman’s task is to act as “mediator” or informal arbitrator and he/she does not represent either of the parties to the dispute.
Important points to remember:
- You must complain to your insurance company first and only of you are unable to resolve the dispute with your insurer, then you can refer the matter to the Ombudsman’s Office
- The Ombudsman’s decisions are binding on the insurance company but not on you. The Ombudman’s Office is an independent office
- The Ombudsman’s decisions can be based on law and equity
- The Ombudsman’s Office does not give legal advice
- The service is free to insured consumers
- The Short Term Insurance Ombud offers consumers a “no risk” mechanism to resolve disputes with insurers. The office can assist consumers with certain personal lines short term insurance as well as with limited commercial insurance matters.
The FAIS Ombud deals with complaints submitted to the Office by a specific client against a financial services provider.
“Complaint” means a specific complaint relating to a financial service rendered by a financial services provider or a representative of such provider to the complainant. The complaint will be considered if it is alleged that the provider or representative:
• Has contravened of failed to comply with a provision of the FAIS Act and that as a result thereof the complainant has suffered or likely to suffer financial prejudice or damage; or
• Has wilfully or negligently rendered a financial service to the complainant and has caused prejudice or damage to the complainant or which is likely to result in such prejudice or damage; or
• Has treated the complainant unfairly;
• The act omission complained about must have occurred on or after 30 September 2004.
• Before submitting a complaint to the Office, the complainant must endeavour to resolve the complaint with the responding party. The responding party has six weeks in which to resolve the complaint with the complainant. After receipt of the final response of the responding party, the complainant has six months within which to submit a complaint to the FAIS Ombud.